Today it was supposed to snow. There was a weather warning starting at noon yesterday. Then it was 4pm, then it was 6pm. When Clint and I went to bed at 11pm, there was still no snow. This was aggravatign because I was hoping to get out of work today and stay home with Clint in bed. If you are unaware, the people of the DC area (consisting of Washington, northern VA and MD) are deathly afraid of snow. Anarchy ensues the minute it is mentioned as a possiblility on the news. People are running to the store in chaotic masses to buy bread, milk, eggs, and toilet paper in bulk. (Apparently french toast and shitting are the main activities on a snowy day) You think I'm kidding, but one day a few weeks ago, DC had its first snow storm of the season, and Clint and I made the mistake of going to the store to get something for dinner. Keep in mind, both Clint and I are from Utah and driving in the snow pretty much comes with the territory. We pull into the parking lot and it is a MADHOUSE!!!! Needless to say, we ended up ordering pizza. (Which took an hour to get there... sheesh)
Back to today. When I woke up at 7:00, I looked out into our parking lot and it was wet with rain. Just rain. No snow. Got that? RAIN. So, imagine my surprise when, as I was driving to work today at 8:00, Elliott in the Morning from DC101 was talking about the closings in the area. Fairfax county school opening two hours late, DC public schools opening an hour late. WTF people? It's FUCKING RAIN! Are you kidding me? Jesus, Mary, and Joseph. How annoying. Must be nice to live here as a kid. I can honestly say that I remember one, count it: one, time that school was cancelled for extreme snowfall. It wasn't even during elementary school. It was while I was up in Logan at Utah State University. I walked out of my dorm elevator to go to class and the glass doors to go outside were white. Why? Because the snow was 6 feet high. I shit you not. It was crazy. It was the first time they had closed USU for weather in 30 years. So, these DC, VA, MD kids don't know how lucky they are. It's supposed to snow today or sometime this weekend, but obviously the weather isn't cooperating with the news forecasts, so we'll see.
By the way, Sam ran 5.5 mph for 2 miles on a 5% incline yesterday. Hells ya, bitches.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Why the hell would you close school down for rain? It's not like the kids are going to melt or anything. I remember having a snow day in elementary school, so you must have had one. The stupid thing is that snow days just meant that all the kids went out and played in the snow all day. So really, we were colder and soggier than we would have been if we'd gone to school.
Post a Comment