Thursday, February 15, 2007

Post Office Annoyances

So, here is the annoying list of post office blunders (or having to do with the post office):
#1: My operations management test that I sent in on February 2nd priority mail to take 2-3 days is still missing.
#2: I have been waiting on my corrected homework to be sent out to me so that I can take the final in operations management and on Saturday, I got an envelope with my name on it and someone else's homework inside. When I called USU to inquire about this, they informed me that the envolopes must have gotten switched and they don't know where mine is.
#3: Carly's money order and super cute card that I sent out on January 23rd is still mysteriously floating in space. When I went to the post office to get my refund back, they informed me that I had to send a form to South Dakota and wait 6 weeks for it to process. This basically involves them finding the money order and sending a copy of it to me. What I don't understand is that they are sending it to me to show me who signed to get it cashed. It's addressed to CARLY LANE! How many Carly Lane's are there at that exact post office in Ohio? The update on this is that I called on Tuesday to see what was up, and the automated system said they had no information on this money order because the form was never received. WTF.

The moral of this story is: ALWAYS, ALWAYS pay the extra 50 or 60 cents to get a delivery confirmation on important things, or you get stuck in the vicious post office cycle of hell.

EDIT: Light at the end of the tunnel! I got an email from the person that received my homework. He is bringing it to the independent study office tomorrow to have them send it to me. Hopefully it gets here... knock on wood. I'll keep ya updated
EDIT #2: SO EXCITED RIGHT NOW that I can't even be annoyed by this. I go online to check if my test got to USU today and THERE WAS A SCORE! 97/100! YAY! I'm so happy it is there and not lost in the black hole of forgotten letters. The annoying thing about it is that it was marked in on February 5th. That means my professor had it the whole time and just gave it back to the office to send back, but they forgot to put it in the system when it first arrived. YAY, YAY, YAY... I don't even care that USU is full of idiots. Now, if I can just find that damn money order!!!

No comments: