Wednesday, February 21, 2007

No money for U! (SU)

Sup homies. It's been almost a week since I last posted, but who cares. I had Monday off for President's Day and Clint and I pretty much lazed around and enjoyed each other's company. It was nice. In other news, I signed up for a Master's class through USU called Marketing Institutions. I graduated with a Bachelor's in marketing in December and I love marketing-related classes. I just find it so interesting to see how consumers work and how retailers manipulate them... uh, I mean... encourage them to buy their products. Ya. :) So, the funny thing is that I signed up for this class and the independent study office people told me that they would send the materials out when the class was paid for. Uh, no shit, Sherlock. So, I get paid on the 23rd, but I had a balance when I signed up for the class on the 16th. So, I paid 50 bucks of it just to secure myself in the class because I know from experience that you will get dropped from the class if you don't pay in time and then you have to go through the whole registration process all over again. It's a big pain. So, I'm like, ok, I'll pay the other 500 bucks when I get paid on the 23rd, then I can get started on the class the following week. (Note: because I registered so late, I have to have the class finished by the 20th of April. No pressure to slack off, I suppose) So, Saturday, I wander out to get the mail and there's an envelope from Utah State. "Hmm," I think to myself, "This is probably my homework that I have been waiting for."
I open it and it's all my materials for the Marketing Institutions class! What the hell?! So, I still owe 500 bucks and now it is Wednesday and I have completed 8 assignments. So, I don't think I am going to waste my entire paycheck on this class since I already have everything I need. I feel manipulative or something, but I am going to pay half with this paycheck and half in two weeks. Do you think they'll still let me turn in assignments? We'll see! :) heeheehee... evil laughter.

No comments: