Monday, March 26, 2007

The 411

Wow, I guess it's been awhile. My computer is being slow lately and so blogging has been iffy. Everytime I tried to log in, it would take forever... that does not bode well for posting, you know? So, since the 15th, we have had St. Patty's Day, my 25th birthday(including Army updates), and WW junk... so here goes:

*St. Patty's Day was not spent in a drunken stupor as so many of my college holidays have been. I spent the weekend with Jill and baby Breanna and we had a good old time. We watched chick flicks, (ex: The Holiday) and ate Lucky Charms out of the box. Good times. It was nice to remember my holiday and not wake up sick and not able to hold down a sip of water.

*My birthday consisted of great presents (my favorite being a shirt Clint gave me that said, "They're real, but the shirt is fake") and awesome dinner made by my husband. I also took the ASVAB (armed services vocational aptitude battery) after work up in Gaithersburg. Well, actually, I went to the recruiting center in Gaithersburg, MD after work and then drove with Sgt. Crawford up to Ft. Meade, which, unbeknownst to me, was an HOUR away from our starting point. This is actually a funny story. So, I leave work and head up to MD. I think it is going to take me a while because traffic is always sketchy around here. You never know when it's going to be packed or free. So, I get up there an hour and half early and get a manicure at a place about a block away from the recruiting center. It turned out lovely and even today, I am reluctant to take it off, despite the fact that it is chipping away slowly but surely on my right hand fingernails. Anyway, I get the manicure, and still have like 45 minutes, so I sit in my car and study for a half an hour and then head over. When I get there, Sgt. Crawford tells me that we have to go pick up one other dude that is also going up to Ft. Meade with us to take the ASVAB. I'm like, whatev. So, at 330, SSgt Barnes calls the dude and asks him where his house is so we can pick him up and he's like, "uh, I can't do it today, I have to babysit." HUH? Thanks for letting us know, bonehead. So, Sgt. Crawford and I head up to Ft. Meade and I take the test. It wasn't too bad, but there was an auto mechanics section that kicked my ass. Crawford comes to pick me up and we head back to Gaithersburg. OH, BY THE WAY, when we got in the car, (the Army Strong Ford Taurus) something was dinging and I'm like, what is that? We both have our seatbelts on and all the doors are closed. So, I ask and Crawford goes, "Don't worry about it." So, now, of course, I HAVE to know. Bottom line, the car is telling the driver that the brakes are going out. SOOOO, everytime the driver hits the brake... "DING!" It drove me completely mad. That's that. When we got back to the burg, it was about 8 o'clock and I had to get measured and fill out this form (AKA: 16-page packet). I start to do it and I look at the clock realize that it is going on 9 p.m. on my birthday and my husband made dinner about 2 hours ago. I felt so bad. To top it off, when I left (without finishing the form, mind you) I got lost and drove around like a fuckin retard for about 30 minutes before I found the freeway. Sheesh. So, that is that. All in all, an ok day. I got a 92 on my test and am ready to join the military. I go back to MD on Wednesday night to stay on Ft. Meade and do all my medical shit on Thursday morning. Yippee doo.

*WW is going great! I am going to meeting #4 tonight and on the 19th when I went after two weeks, I had lost 5.4 pounds! (That's a lot of butter, Laney!) So, I am excited to see what I've lost tonight. Good times. :) No more jigglies!

1 comment:

Carly said...

that's so much butter.

i can't believe you're all ready to join the military. i'm sitting here at work in my little peace office and i'm furrowing my brow, just so you know.