Ok, so the temperature in my office has crept up another degree and is not comfortably sitting at 86. I am dying. I called Clint and told him that I might not be home tonight because I will have melted in my office. It is out of control. I think I may need to get my upper lip waxed because I seem to be sweating profusely there. Speaking of which, don't you hate when you go to get your eyebrows waxed and the Vietnamese lady is like, "you want your lip done too, honey?" And you're like, "no thanks," but then for the rest of the day you are completely self-conscious about it because, uh, why would she ask otherwise unless she thought your lip looked like the spawn of the wookie from Star Wars? So, ya. Speaking of that, I need to go get my eyebrows waxed today. Blah and a blah. What else? My birthday is in 5 days. In 5 days, I'll be TWENTY FIVE. I had to write it out long hand like that to increase the dramatic effect that I will, in fact, be a quarter of a century old. Holy crap. Enough about that. I'm still hot, in case you were wondering.
What else, what else? I have to go tutor tonight after work. I tutor calculus and English. It is interesting to be on the other side of tutoring when I have struggled for so long through college and even high school with complete stupidity about certain subjects. I have always been good at English, but things like geometry? Forget it. I also hate physics and mostly all science. Coincidentally, I only had to take TWO science classes in college. Both were generals and both were a complete joke. Isn't it interesting that colleges have general courses that you are required to take, but really, unless you are intersted in them, you pretty much learn the stuff, take the test, forget it, and leave? Colleges say that general education courses are required to make a "well-rounded individual" out of its students, but that's not really true, is it? I had to take two science classes, two english classes, ONE history or political science class and a math class. It's actually pretty ridiculous when you think about it. How "well-rounded" can I be when I am going to college to get a Business degree and I remember about .1 of 1 percent of the things I was taught in my general classes. Interesting how college works, isn't it? I think that, overall, I got a VERY well-rounded education in regard to my degree because I was intersted in the classes. I wanted to learn Marketing Objectives and I practiced Advertising Techniques becuase these classes were what I went to school for. I love Marketing and Advertising, I love Economics and Business... but all the other stuff... all the Physics and Biology, all the History and Creative Writing... I just really could care less.
Tuition for Utah State University: $10,000
Books for classes you don't give a shit about: $800
Graduating college and spending your workday writing in your blog: PRICELESS
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hi!
Thanks, I"ll be sure to check out your blog - soon as I finish these papers. I'm a student at the University of New Brunswick (New Brunswick being in Canada).
I see you're from Virginia, I was just there over my spring break building a houses in Charlottesville for Habitat for Humanity.
Anways, must work!
Post a Comment