THE OATH
I do solomnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegianace to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and then Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.
Having sworn into the Army and taken the Oath, I have orders to ship out for Basic Combat Training (BCT) on July 10, 2007. I am headed to Ft. Jackson, South Carolina for 9 weeks until I graduate in September and then am sent to Ft. Benning, Georgia to report in on September 24th for 16 weeks of Officer Candidacy School. Holy shit, right? All this basically means I will be gone from July until January. Ever since I swore in, it is literally all I can think about. I go from nervous to excited to terrified in seconds and every person I see walking around in uniform (which is a lot since I work at a Marine Corps base) I have to tell myself that they made it through Marine Corps boot camp (the hardest of the branches, as far as anyone whose anyone is oncerned) and I can make it through basic too. I got a future soldier guide about what I will be doing from week to week during basic. Some highlights: week 2: gas chamber :) Yippee, week 5: rapelling off a 60 foot wall, week 6: rifle marksmanship... OMG. Craziness. I can't believe in 41 days, I will be entering the biggest challenge of my life. Before I head out, I will put my address for basic on here and anyone can write me... I know mail will be my sustainment. :) Also, because I am going officer, I am entering basic as an E4 Specialist so I'm sure my ass will get handed to me because of that. Yay. So, that is that. :)
Out here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
you know, if you blogged more often your entries wouldn't come out like novels. i can't believe you can't blog while you're gone. it's going to be like you've fallen off the face of the planet. you're going to get so much of my good stationary, you better take a big box with you to put it all in.
i don't know why you don't have a photo?
Post a Comment