I've been addicted to watching makeup and hair tutorials on youtube. Talk about revolutionizing the internet. YouTube has freakin' taken off in regard to videos about ANYTHING! If you are looking for a video on how to do a smokey eye, how to bungee jump, good practical jokes, and Carly's favorite, otters holding hands... you can find it all on YouTube. It's so weird for me to think that the Internet came around in my generation. It's hard for me to imagine life without it now. But I suppose that is the way with anything... you don't know something if you've never had it. I really don't think I could have made it through college without askjeeves.com or google.com. I think that this may be why our education system is in such jeopardy now because it is so easy to find things online. I guess it would be considered a double-edged sword because on one hand, it is simple to find the information you need on Pythagoreoms Theorem for algebra, the anatomy of frog for biology, or the plot of Plato's Republic for polysci, but... on the other hand, it's SO easy, the researcher is basically required to do nothing. The fact that one can sit in front of computer, type questions into google and get exact responses to those questions that have so frequently been asked by many before, cheapens the whole experience of research. I'm sure at one point in your life, dear reader, you have taken some text from a book or a website and passed it off as your own and, you know what? Everyone does it! Why? Becuase EVERYONE has gotten away with it at one time or another. IT'S TOO EASY not to! If I took the time to go to the library, find a book, look through it for the exact information I needed, write down what I need, take it to the copier, pay for the copies, go back and find another book, therefore repeating the process over again... and meanwhile, Joe Schmoe from my class goes online to google, finds the same information in half the time with half the effort, copies and pastes it into a Word document, changes a few words so it COULD be his and we both turn the work in... it's like, WHY? Why wouldn't you do the easier way? Libraries, (as much as I love them and even work in one every Monday) are becoming so... what's the word... not to sound trite, but elementary. It's like comparing a video cassette to a dvd.
So, you're telling me that I can "fast"-forward to the part I want to watch or I can use the handy menu and just skip right to it instead? Hmm, lemme think.
Are books going out of style???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
there are hair and makeup tutorials on you tube? i've been too distracted by the cute animal videos to find them and i'm going straight there when i'm done with this.
books are not going out of style, but libraries definitely are. public libraries have turned into the free internet cafes for the homeless. Why go through the shelves at the library if you can just buy it on amazon? besides, a lot of libraries now let you request a book and they'll mail it to you for free. i think we'll see the day when public libraries go under.
AND that law school photo was 40 pounds ago and then some so we're good. did you see i changed my flight! don't be busy!
Share your story with us.
I’m not a spammer, theft, con-artist or any those unethical things people like to play.
Just a human being trying to promote my web-page.
Been a soldier my whole entire life, just want to become an entrepreneur,planting my seeds in the right community and helping others.
I know it about TRUST!!!
It is called YUWIE, a social networking site to offer you great opportunities to earn money.
It will be really interesting for getting money by doing things what you like to do…talk to others on the net
Yuwie is a great way to make friends, advertise your materials/ businesses, AND make extra cash doing what you ALREADY DO!
Blogging, Commenting on People stuff, Posting Pix, etc*
First off, Yuwie is 100% FREE. Yuwie is like any other "connect with friends" or social networking site.
But we have one major difference.
Use Yuwie - Get Paid! Yuwie pays you to blog, upload pictures, refer friends, chat, hang out, etc.
You won’t get rich but this is a no-brainer way to make money if you don’t want to invest anything.
CHECK ME OUT: WATCH THE VIDEO http://r.yuwie.com/bearkc/
Sign up
Thank you for listen to me, I know that this message is long but that me, I like to explain to other what they're getting into, the most important thing in life is knowledge.
I have a dream building me an on-line business, it going to be a challenging but I believe if you have the right people behind you, can accomplish anything in life. WENDELL
Post a Comment